Saturday 15 May 2010

A Walk On The Wild Side: South of the Thames


St. Pauls Cathedral!

The tower Bridge!


This walk had so much to see! It was so exciting. It started on tower hill when we walked to the tower bridge! So beautiful and so breathtaking...this castle full of so much history just right in the middle of the city! The tower is gorgeous, as is the view of the river. We then crossed to city hall and then through Hay's galleria. We then had a few of Southwark Cathedral....very pretty...as are all the many other cathedrals we have visited. The Thomas Cure memorial was rather disturbing. Shakespeare's Globe then pops out unexpectedly and Is so fun to see. The Millenial bridge is so fun to walk across...makes me feel like I'm flying over it on my broom with Harry Potter! And the view of St. Pauls Cathedral from Millenial bridge is truly a sight to see. The Tate Modern is so inviting, I can't wait to go in and see what is living in there!! We walked passed the National Theatre, Hayward Gallery, Queen Elizabeth Hall, and the Royal Festival Hall. This walk was so full of fun sights and information I haven't even made a dent. I would like to call this the "Bridge Walk". I love walking across The Millenial Bridge and looking across the Thames to see all of the other bridges. I love how different and unique they are from one another. London is just such a beautiful city with so much to offer! I can't wait to get out and go see more!

No comments:

Post a Comment